Functional Medicine in Marlton
We offer patients a holistic, investigative approach to healthcare that is both high-tech and high-touch. We are committed to finding the fundamental cause of your health problems. Our comprehensive approach will reveal how and why your body chemistry is out of balance and why your metabolism is not functioning to the best of its ability. Once we review your unique test results, you will receive your own custom tailored nutrition, exercise and lifestyle program designed to restore balance in your body chemistry, improve your metabolism and allow you to approach life at full strength. We are devoted to improving your health and performance in all realms of life.
If you feel you are ready and dedicated to transforming your health, we invite you to call and make an appointment with our office. We look forward to scheduling your personal consultation which could change your life forever. It will be our pleasure to answer any of your questions and help you along on your path to looking and feeling your best!
WHAT IS FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE?
In functional medicine, we address the underlying causes of your health problems (instead of just treating symptoms) so you can get well and stay well without unnecessary drugs or surgery. We use cutting-edge diagnostic tools to find the problem, and nutritional therapy, herbal medicine, supplements, stress management, detoxification, lifestyle changes, and—only in some cases when necessary—prescription medications to eliminate triggers and restore proper function and balance
Who are our patients?
We treat patients with a wide range of chronic health problems, from digestive disorders, to chronic infections, to autoimmune disease, to hypothyroidism. Patients who do best under our care:
- Don’t want to rely on unnecessary drugs and medical intervention for the rest of their lives
- Are interested in discovering the underlying cause of their problems, rather than just suppressing symptoms
- Are motivated to play an active role in their own healing process
- Are willing to make the necessary dietary and lifestyle changes to support health and well-being
How do we work with patients?
One way to think of us is as “health detectives.” We focus on identifying and addressing the underlying cause of an illness, rather than just suppressing symptoms.
Like all detectives, we use a variety of tools in our investigations, including , detailed questionnaires, a thorough medical history and examination, and comprehensive laboratory tests (blood, urine, stool and saliva testing).
We then use nutritional therapy, herbal medicine, supplements, stress management, detoxification, lifestyle changes, and—in some cases and only when necessary—prescription medications to eliminate triggers and restore proper function and balance.
Deep and lasting healing are only possible when the root causes of illness are addressed. By understanding the core systems of the body, how they are related, and how their function can be restored, many chronic illnesses can be prevented and even reversed.
What is our treatment philosophy?
We practice a new model of medicine, sometimes referred to as “functional” or “systems” medicine. Functional medicine is neither conventional nor alternative medicine. It’s a combination of the best elements of both, and it represents the future of medicine.
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE IS:
- Investigative. Addresses symptoms by focusing on the underlying cause of the problem, which leads to more profound and longer lasting results.
- Holistic. Envisions the body as an interconnected whole that is in dynamic relationship to its environment, and recognizes the importance of these connections in health and disease.
- Treatments have mild or no side effects, and other unrelated complaints often improve spontaneously.
- Patient-centered. Treats the patient, not the disease. Treatments are highly individualized based on patient needs.
- Patient is respected, empowered, educated and encouraged to play active role in healing process.
- Combines the best of both modern and traditional medicines and emphasizes importance of diet and lifestyle.
- Restorative. Tests and treatments designed to promote optimal function, prevent and reverse disease, and improve quality of life.
- Guided by the ancient Chinese saying, “The superb physician treats disease before it occurs.”
- Evidence-based. Based on the latest research from peer-reviewed medical journals, and uncorrupted by corporate and political interests.
WHAT CONDITIONS DO WE TREAT?
In conventional medicine, there’s a doctor for every part of your body: cardiologists for the heart, gastroenterologists for the digestive system, neurologists for the brain and nervous system, podiatrists for your feet, and ophthalmologists for your eyes. But in functional medicine, we see the body as an interconnected whole, within a larger environment. We recognize that in order to treat one part of the body, all of the other parts must also be considered.
In working with you as a patient, we take a step back and try to see common features that might link all the health conditions that you might be experiencing. By looking for the commonalities and patterns, we can offer interventions that affect multiple pathways, helping you recover your health faster and more completely.
Thus, as functional medicine practitioners, we are able to treat a wide variety of health problems, including (but not limited to):
- Adrenal disorders
- Autoimmune disease
- Biotoxin illness/Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS)
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic sinusitis
- Chronic infections
- Digestive disorders (IBD, IBS, GERD/Reflux)
- Elevated cholesterol
- Environmental and food allergies
- Female disorders (PMS, Menopause, Infertility, PCOS)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Interstitial cystitis
- Mercury and heavy metal toxicity
- Metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, insulin resistance
- Migraines and headaches
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Overweight and obesity
- Sleep disorders and insomnia
- Thyroid disorders
|Monday||9:00am - 2:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
|Tuesday||9:00am - 2:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
|Wednesday||9:00am - 2:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
|Thursday||9:00am - 2:00pm|
3:00pm - 6:00pm
What We Do
- Short-term Care for Neck & Back Pain
- Injury Recovery
- Injury Prevention
- Performance Enhancement
- Graston Technique
- Active Release Technique
- Cold Laser
- Massage therapy